Thursday, June 3, 2010

Reflections

I had the opportunity to go to my cousin’s wedding last weekend. It was so beautiful and fun and surprisingly real. The wedding took place in a hay field that belonged to the bride’s family. The groom made their ceremony decorations that consisted of arches made of logs complete with a functional crystal chandelier. It was so creative and elegant. Just like clockwork, a storm rolled in right as the ceremony was due to start. It did rain on the ceremony, but it did nothing to damper the feeling or the aesthetic. Actually the dark gray sky was a stunning backdrop for the ceremony. The bride looked as if the rain didn’t touch her. She exudes such a charming gorgeousness that I am completely convinced that she could have been doused in water and still emerged spotless.

I do have to say that I have been perusing my share of wedding blogs lately and I was already jaded by the whole photo booth thing that seems to have become a new trend. Well I have to eat my words a little here, because they included one and it was so much fun! They had ridiculous wigs, hats, feather boas (a must!) and masks and everyone- even my aunts and uncles took part in the fun. The bride and groom worked really hard to include everyone in the wedding and that feeling of community and family carried right on through the reception. It could have been my favorite wedding thus far. Even with the rain.

2 comments:

  1. Just found your blog! I too am getting married soon and I want to include a photo booth but was afraid it was too cliche at this point! I'm glad to get a good report back about them, they seem like a lot of fun, and you have good memories to boot!

    http://thebusiestbee.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. The thing is that maybe 5 other people at the wedding had even heard of the idea of a photobooth before. I forget that just because I am so involved in all things wedding right now doesn't mean that everyone else is. The idea was new and fresh and creative to all of the other guests and they loved it! I'd definitely say go for it! And good luck with your planning!

    ReplyDelete